Welcome to Your New Home
Austin is the state capital of Texas and a center of the technology and defense industries. Home of the University of Texas at Austin and terrific Tex-Mex food, The Live Music Capital of the World has something for everyone. Austin City Limits and the South by Southwest music festivals are favorites among singles. Outdoor fun at Lady Bird Lake, the famed bats at Congress Bridge, and the Austin Children's Museum make the city family friendly, too.
We Can Help You Get Settled
Moving can be a daunting task, even if it's just around the corner. We're here to help. Penske has many convenient truck rental locations in metropolitan Austin. To get you started, the Penske Metropolitan Austin Team offers these simple moving and driving tips for the do-it-yourself mover:
- Choose a 12-foot or 16-foot truck for a move to a dorm room or efficiency apartment.
- Arrive and unload in the evening, when traffic is lighter and the temperature is cooler.
- Pack and carry essential items including drinks, snacks, and a cell phone, in case of unexpected delays.
- Navigate carefully — many Austin street names change unexpectedly.
- Watch for low-hanging branches on Austin's many tree-lined streets, as they can damage your Penske truck.
- Allow extra time to find parking downtown.
We Offer Complete Service
Whether you're moving to a new condo downtown, a house in historic Hyde Park, or a suburb in any one of the five metropolitan Austin counties, the Penske Metropolitan Austin Team is ready to help.