To do our part at Penske, we…
- Limit maximum speeds on all trucks to help save fuel.
- Equip larger trucks with diesel engines to take you farther per gallon.
- Rent newer trucks with the latest emission-control technologies.
- Maintain proper tire inflation to use less fuel, last longer and reduce tire waste.
- Install cargo-area bodies made from 100% recyclable materials and equip them with energy efficient LED lighting.
- Offer moving blankets made from up to 70% recycled materials.
- Sell moving boxes that contain up to 60% recycled content (pre- and post-consumer waste).
Penske Participates in EPA’s SmartWay Program
Penske Truck Rental, Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly participate in and support the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership. SmartWay is a voluntary partnership between the freight industry and the EPA that establishes incentives to improve fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
To do your part, you can…
- Slow down! The faster you drive the more fuel you use. You can boost MPGs just by slowing down a few MPH.
- Get rid of things before your move. If you don't need it, don't haul it. The EPA claims that transporting an extra 100 pounds in your vehicle can reduce fuel mileage by 1–2%.
- Be sure to recycle, donate or compost – whatever it takes to avoid sending your stuff to the landfill.
- Recycle your boxes after your move or – better yet – repurpose them in your new place. They're great in the garage!
- Rent returnable boxes at places like BungoBox.