Planning Your Move with Penske Truck Rental
August 07, 2020
Congratulations on your new home! You have reserved your Penske rental truck and now it is time to start planning the do-it-yourself move. We have a few helpful tips to get you started:
One Month Before
- It is time to get your moving supplies.
- Get ahead of the packing and start boxing up your out-of-season items and things that you, and your family, do not use on a daily basis.
Two Weeks Before
- Commit to the four P's of moving: Papers, post office, providers and people.
- Changing your address is quite important.
- Reach out to service providers and utilities to schedule a turn on date for your new home (and don't forget to shut off at the old location).
- Secure your moving day help. Call in those favors with friends and family, or hire a moving crew.
The Day Before
- Be sure to finish your packing. It feels good going to sleep the night before moving day to have 99% of your packing in the past tense (and it can reduce moving day stress too).
- Prepare your major appliances and electronics to be transported; it is a great excuse to order take out.
- Assemble an easy accessible kit that includes: Your new address and keys; credits cards and cash; glasses; water and snacks; games for the kids.
This is not a complete list, so click here for more information and stay safe.
By "Move Ahead" Staff
[Read more...]Show less