Penske Truck Leasing has increased the size of its electric truck fleet with the addition of a pair of MT50e all-electric walk-in vans from Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. Penske has delivered these trucks to customers in the healthcare field.
“We are very pleased to add the FCCC MT50e to our growing portfolio of all-electric vehicles,” said Paul Rosa, senior vice president of procurement and fleet planning for Penske Truck Leasing. “It has proven to be a quality medium-duty addition to our customer’s operations in California.”
Powered by an exclusive battery system from Proterra, the MT50e features a GVWR of up to 23,000 lbs., a range of approximately 170 miles or more on a single charge, and a streamlined, integrated design with no reduction in cargo capacity.
Additional features and highlights of the MT50e include:
● Engine power of up to 226 kWh=303 HP
● Full battery charge in 3 hours
● 8-year standard warranty
● Hill-start assist
● Single-piece steel straight frame rails and rugged dogbone cross members to minimize body stress while maximizing heavy-duty load capacity
● 50-degree wheel cut for tighter turn radius and unmatched maneuverability
● Traction and stability control
● Premium 4-wheel hydraulic disc brakes
● Nationwide access to the Detroit eFill charging network
The MT50e also optimizes driver safety and ease of operation through its standard OptiView fully integrated all-digital gauge display and DriveTech driver controls. DriveTech puts every command in one easy-to-reach location, while OptiView provides real-time efficiency feedback and state-of-the-art tools like 360-degree cameras and clear navigation.
By “Move Ahead” Staff