To do our part at Penske, we...
- Limit maximum speeds
on all trucks to help save fuel.
- Equip larger trucks
with diesel engines to take you farther per gallon.
- Rent newer trucks with
the latest emission-control technologies.
- Maintain proper tire
inflation to use less fuel, last longer and reduce tire waste.
- Install energy-efficient LED lighting in the cargo area.
- Offer moving blankets
made from up to 70% recycled materials.
- Sell moving boxes that
contain up to 60% recycled content (pre- and post-consumer waste).
Penske Participates in EPA's SmartWay Program
Penske proudly participates in and supports the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership. SmartWay is a voluntary partnership between the freight industry and the EPA that establishes incentives to improve fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
To do your part, you can...
- Slow down! The faster you drive the more fuel you use. You can boost MPGs just by slowing down a few MPH.
- Get rid of things before your move. If you don't need it, don't haul it. The EPA claims that transporting an extra 100 pounds in your vehicle can reduce fuel mileage by 1-2%.
- Be sure to recycle, donate or compost – whatever it takes to avoid sending your stuff to the landfill.
- Recycle your boxes after your move or, better yet, repurpose them in your new place. They're great in the garage!
- Rent returnable boxes.