Planning Your Move with Penske Truck Rental
Congratulations on your new home! You have reserved your Penske rental truck and now it is time to start planning the do-it-yourself move. We have a few helpful tips to get you started:
One Month Before
- It is time to get your moving supplies.
- Get ahead of the packing and start boxing up your out-of-season items and things that you, and your family, do not use on a daily basis.
Two Weeks Before
- Commit to the four P's of moving: Papers, post office, providers and people.
- Changing your address is quite important.
- Reach out to service providers and utilities to schedule a turn on date for your new home (and don't forget to shut off at the old location).
- Secure your moving day help. Call in those favors with friends and family or hire a moving crew.
The Day Before
- Be sure to finish your packing. It feels good going to sleep the night before moving day to have 99% of your packing in the past tense (and it can reduce moving day stress too).
- Prepare your major appliances and electronics to be transported; it is a great excuse to order take out.
- Assemble an easy accessible moving day kit that includes: Your new address and keys; credits cards and cash; glasses; water and snacks; games for the kids.
This is not a complete list, so click here for more information and stay safe.
By "Move Ahead" Staff