Step Van Rental
Featuring Shelves and a Jump Seat
Providing efficiency, accessibility and convenience, the Penske step van, also known as a bread truck, gives you ample cargo space and a ready-for-business layout that makes package delivery easier and more productive.
These versatile vans are ideal for multi-stop trips and feature low doorways for quick entry and exit, a collapsible jump seat, and an interior door for easy access to cargo without ever having to leave the vehicle. They’re perfect for various industries, including package delivery, hospitality, food and beverage, office supply, and more.
The step van comes in lengths of 18’, 20’ and 22’, allowing you to choose the right size truck to meet your unique needs. And with a payload capacity of 10,000+ lbs. and over 1,000 cu. ft. of loading space, the step van can accommodate a variety of transportation needs.
Practical and popular, our multi-use 18’-22’ step vans are the perfect choice for your next commercial job. Contact Penske to learn more about how our fleet of delivery vans and trucks can move your business forward.
Step Van Rental Truck Features:
- 18’, 20’ and 22’ length vans
- GVW of 19,500 lbs. or more
- Payload of 10,000+ lbs.
- 1,000+ cu. ft. of loading space
- Interior shelves
- Passenger-side jump seat
- 40-gallon fuel tank capacity
- Backup camera and backup alarm
- Anti-lock brakes
Are step vans still made?
- Yes, step vans are very popular for delivery and other commercial needs. Many delivery companies use step vans to transport and deliver packages, and now you can rent a step van from Penske.
What are step vans called?
- Step vans are also called bread trucks, delivery trucks and multi-stop trucks.
What is a step van used for?
- Originally, step vans were created to transport food and beverage items. Today, step vans are still used for food and beverage deliveries but can also be used for so much more, like delivering mail, packages and other cargo.
What kinds of trucks are used for delivery?
- Many different types of trucks are used for deliveries, and the type of truck used often depends on what kind of cargo is being delivered. With interior shelves, a collapsible jump seat and an interior cargo access door, step vans are a great option for delivering packages. Other delivery truck types include delivery trucks, cargo vans , reefer trucks, light-duty box trucks, medium-duty box trucks, day cab trucks, flatbed trucks, heavy-duty semi trucks and more.
The specifications listed are based upon Penske's most commonly rented fleet. They are not the exact measurements of all fleet rented by Penske. Specifications will vary by make, model and year. MPG can vary based on load, terrain and driving factors.