Tandem-Axle Sleeper Tractor
Heavy-Duty Long-Haul Semi Tractor
Our tandem-axle sleeper tractors are designed with the driver's comfort in mind. The double-bunk sleeper will be your driver's home-away-from-home. These tractors boast 80,000 lb. gross combined weight capacity and can handle the long haul with ease. They have up to a 220-gallon fuel capacity and feature a 455 HP electronic engine. Ride in comfort with driver and passenger air-ride seating. All our tandem-axle sleeper cab tractors are CARB certified. With some of the newest and most well-maintained tractors in the industry, our reliable fleet means improved mileage, better overall performance, reliability and greater eco-friendliness for your fleet and your business.
All Penske rental tractors come equipped with air-ride rear suspension, manual/automatic transmission, air conditioning, AM/FM stereo, AUX or USB input, Bluetooth, air disc brakes, power steering and sliding fifth wheel. All of our tractors are CB radio-ready. An engine brake is available in select markets.
Practical and reliable, our tandem-axle sleeper cab tractors have the power and comfort to go for the long haul. Contact Penske to learn more about how our fleet of commercial tractors and trailers can move your business forward.
- 80,000 lb. gross combined weight
- Up to 220-gallon fuel capacity
- Up to 455 HP electronic engine
- Air disc brakes
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
- Driver and passenger air-ride seat
- Air fairings
- Double-bunk sleeper
- CARB certified
- Collision mitigation systems on select models
- A sleeper tractor, also known as a sleeper truck, is a semi-tractor with built-in sleeper quarters. They’re designed to provide drivers with a comfortable place to rest while hauling cargo long distances.
- A sleeper truck gets its name because it contains a sleeping compartment attached behind the cab of the truck.
- The sleeper cabs at Penske are designed to be a home away from home and contain a double-bunk sleeper to keep drivers comfortable while taking a break.
- Sleeper cabs are designed to provide a resting place for drivers who are on the road for long periods of time. They are quite comfortable and include areas for storage.
- Modern sleeper cabs are equipped with many of the conveniences of a home, like a bed and storage for personal belongings. However, a bathroom and/or shower is a rarity in sleeper cabs and is seen only in expensive custom-built trucks.
- The main difference between a semi-tractor, or day cab, and a sleeper tractor is that a sleeper, designed for long-haul deliveries, includes a sleeping/living area for drivers to utilize during long-haul trips.
The specifications listed above are based upon Penske's most commonly rented fleet. They are not the exact measurements of all fleet rented by Penske. Specifications will vary by make, model and year.